- Discovery Platinum will provide you with 4 bookings- one (1) booking from Getaway List 1 and one (1) booking from Getaway List 2- in that order. You are also entitled to two (2) additional Bonus Week holidays and it includes a cruise offer. You will have 35 months to book and use these holiday experiences. All bookings will be for consecutive nights.
- All accommodation is subject to availability. Some accommodation may be limited over school and public holidays and during special event/peak travel times. Some blockout periods may apply.
- The locations of accommodation on offer may change from time to time and without notice. Discovery Platinum will offer alternative accommodation in some instances and may replace locations and apartments with suitable substitution. Replacement accommodation will be of equal or superior standard to the accommodation initially booked.
- Discovery Platinum does not own or manage the resort you will be staying in. All care has been given to ensure you will be happy with the accommodation and management. There may be set check in days for certain accommodation. Our goal is for you to have a great holiday experience.
- Discovery Platinum members must agree to respect the internal regulations of all resorts in respect to the use of the accommodation and common areas, and statutory requirements in force (that may include but is not limited to the obligation to pay a refundable deposit at reception to cover personal expenses, use of leisure facilities or other common areas). Members are liable for any damage or disturbance to the resort, to resort staff or to other guests.
- All bookings are non-transferable.
- In most instances a hotel/studio room will accommodate 2 adults, a one bedroom apartment will accommodate 4 and a two bedroom unit accommodates 6. There may be variations to these configurations depending on the individual property. Hotel and studio accommodation will not have lounge nor cooking facilities.
- The guests will be responsible for all costs relating to food & beverage, room service, telephone, laundry, spa and any other incidental costs incurred during their stays.
- Your Discovery Platinum membership must be paid in full before you are able to secure any bookings.
- Your Discovery Platinum membership is non-transferable.
- Any changes or cancellation to any booking once confirmed, are subject to a $75 fee (provided the resort allows changes).
- Privacy Collection Statement
Discovery Platinum is required by the Corporations Act to maintain a register of Members and some of the information you provide on this form will be entered into the Register. We are unable to accept your Application unless you have provided all of the requested information.
We collect your personal information to facilitate our internal business purposes for marketing and promotional purposes, to provide services and products to you and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. If the personal information you provide is incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to provide you with the services you seek.
We may disclose personal information about you to our related entities and affiliated organisations and serve providers who assist us in operating our business (for third party service providers). We are likely to disclose your personal information overseas to recipients in the following countries: New Zealand.
Contact details: Privacy Officer, PO Box 384 Coolangatta, Queensland, 4225
Telephone: (07) 5595 7555
Fax: (07) 5595 7500
- Service Guarantees-Our bookings and advisory services come with a guarantee that they will be provided with due care and skill and will fit your holiday purposes. They will be as described when you joined the Discovery Platinum program. Bookings will be provided in reasonable time. If we fail to meet any of these guarantees, you have rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
- You should not book any flights prior to receiving your accommodation bookings.
- Your Discovery Platinum membership is offered with a cooling off period.
- This membership is not redeemable for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with other offers.
- The Discovery Platinum membership is only available as a once-off membership and cannot be repeated to the same client(s) more than once.
The goal of the Discovery Platinum membership is to provide memorable holidays in outstanding locations and accommodation; and to allow you to look at other types of memberships. On your first stay you will be booked to attend a follow up presentation. You will be contacted by our reservation department to arrange a suitable time and location. You must meet specific criteria to be a member of Discovery Platinum. You must be married or living together in a de facto relationship for more than two years. You must be Australian or New Zealand residents. Your annual household income must be at least AUD$60,000 and you must be between the ages of 30 and 65. Both partners will be invited and need to attend the presentation. You are under no obligation to purchase anything. If your eligibility changes or if you do not attend the presentation for any reason, a AUD$200 penalty will be payable. If using accommodation in Bali or Thailand, failure to arrive at the presentation and/or resort at the date allocated to you and confirmed by you without prior notification to Discovery Platinum will result in you being charged the full price for the accommodation.
By signing this agreement you acknowledge that Discovery Platinum accepts no liability that may be incurred by you or your guests as a result of the use of this Discovery Platinum membership.
We exclude all statutory or tortious liability to you and conditions or warranties implied by law or statute and liability for all direct, economic, consequential or indirect losses, expenses, damages and costs incurred by you arising out of or relating to the Discovery Platinum membership.
No reliance should be placed on representation other than in these terms and conditions. Discovery Platinum accepts no responsibility for third party representation.